Learn about Langkawi's food culture and discover the rural areas of Langkawi. Explore paddy fields, wet markets, and traditional villages. You will be introduced to local delicacies such as barbecue fish with sauce made from a mixture of local chili peppers, betel nut, and traditional kuih muih. Enjoy afternoon tea and watch how locals husk coconuts. You will also participate in traditional games such as Congkak and Batu Tujuh.
Highlights : Learn about Langkawi's food culture as you explore the countryside
Taste local delicacies such as kuih muih, barbecue fish, and betel nut
Interact with locals while playing traditional games like Congkak
Price Includes : Afternoon Tea
Itinerary : - Hotel pickup (09:00 - 09:45)
- Start of tour (10:00)
- Explore paddy fields and a wet market
- Visit a temple and Malay kampung house
- See locals husk coconuts
- Betel nut chewing, included
- Taste barbecue fish with spicy sauce, included
- Afternoon tea with traditional kuih muih and local cakes, included
- Participate in traditional games like Congkak and Batu Tujuh (Seven Stones)
- End of tour and hotel drop-off (14:00 - 15:00)
Warnings : - Provide an operative local number, such as that of your hotel/apartment's front desk.
- Be at the hotel lobby at least 15 minutes before the scheduled pickup time.
- Allow a 30-minute buffer, as traffic or road conditions may cause delays to hotel -pickup and drop-off.
- For any concerns after booking, you may dial our customer service hotline on the e-voucher.
- In cases of extreme weather conditions, this tour may be cancelled or the itinerary might be changed.
- The locations indicated on the itinerary, order of stops, and/or food tasting samples may vary due to unforeseen circumstances.
- Children one year old and below can come free of charge, but must pay for any additional food orders and share a seat with a parent or guardian.
- Children must be accompanied by a paying adult at all times.
Langkawi Countryside Food Discovery