Sports fans visiting Melbourne shouldn't pass up the chance to visit some of the most famous sporting grounds in the city! Sports have such a big part in the lifestyle in Melbourne that so many world famous locations can be found, and you can visit as many of them as you can in the day through a variety of tours. In choosing the City Sports Tour, you get to head to the sporting stadiums and arenas of the city, which include the Melbourne Cricket Ground, the Rod Laver Arena, and the Etihad Stadium – all of which are well known as the play locations of teams such as the Collingwood Football Club, the Australia National Cricket Team, the Melbourne Stars and more. You get to discover in depth knowledge about the famous sporting events in Melbourne, which include the Olympic Games, the Australian Open, the Ashes, AFL Grand Final, and more. You even get to learn which are the hotspots for celebrities who come to play or to watch the games. But if this isn't enough for you, select a stadium you'd like to see a bit closer. You can opt for a package that adds Behind the Scenes access to the Melbourne Cricket Ground, so you can step in and see the grounds first hand and even some of the amazing areas inside the structure. Should you opt for it, you can also visit the Tennis Walk of Fame where you'll see the statues of Australia's tennis legends and learn so much more about the history of sports in Australia, along with some priceless sporting artifacts on display. You can also visit Show Court 3 and stand on one of the major courts of the Australian Open used by the likes of Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal, Serena Williams, etc. It's a sports lover's dream come true, visiting the best spots for games in Melbourne.
Highlights : - Perfect for any sports fans, this is the ultimate sporting tour where you visit the famous arenas and grounds
- Head to the stadiums and arenas, including the Melbourne Cricket Ground and Rod Laver Arena
- Enjoy the commentary of a friendly and enthusiastic tour guide with in-depth knowledge of Melbourne sports
- With the small tour group size, you can enjoy personal engagement and better understanding of the tour
# Additional Information:
- Child ticket: Age 5-17
- Infants aged 0-4 can participate for free
- Please arrive 5 minutes prior to your tour start time so that you can check in
- The tour is not suitable for individuals using wheelchairs
- In the event of game days, all stadium tour times are subject to special operating hours depending on the time of the event
- City Sports Tours runs in all weathers. You will be contacted by operator if a tour is to be cancelled due to bad weather. In this case, an alternative date or a full refund will be offered
# Insider Tips:
- It is highly recommended that you bring with you a poncho, umbrella, sunscreen, water, and a hat
- It's common to come across some famous athletes on the tours. Just simply a case of the guest asking if they can have a photo or autograph. Usually the athlete is happy to do this. So don't forget to bring your camera!
Melbourne Sports Lovers Tours