Escape from the hustle and bustle of Munich, Germany, and spend an entire day in Salzburg, Austria. This city is so special that it was dubbed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site, filled with stunning gardens, beautiful architectural structures, quaint alleyways, and plenty more. If you didn't already know, Salzburg was the hometown of genius composer Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, and it's also a popular tourist destination due to it being the setting of the movie The Sound of Music. You will be departing from the Munich Central Train Station in the morning with your group and your tour guide. Then, your guide will be taking you to major sites in Salzburg, such as the Mirabelle Gardens, a beautiful place within the Mirabelle Palace, built by prince-archbishop Wolf Dietrich von Raitenau for Salome Alt. Head to the Salzburg Cathedral, a Baroque-style building of majestic stature and interiors. The Salzburg Fortress (Festung Hohensalzburg) is also one of your stops, where you get to see magnificent views of Salzburg from a height. What's great about this tour is that you'll be given a handful of free time for you to go around the city at your own pace. Explore Salzburg and realize why it is so beloved by its visitors. Return to Munich via train by the end of the day.
Highlights : - Get the chance to visit a city so special they named the entire place a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Salzburg is famed for its old world glamor, made all the more striking by a majestic backdrop of snow-capped Alps
- Learn all about the city, which is actually the home town of genius composer Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- See one of the most popular 'movie tourism' destinations in the world because of the film 'The Sound of Music'
# Additional Information:
- **It is mandatory to bring your passport to this tour as it cross borders. No visa needed**
- Child ticket: Age 6-13
- Infants aged 0-5 may attend this tour free of charge
- Please take note that no senior tickets are available for this tour
- Please bring cash for incidentals and a water bottle for hydration purposes
- Please be reminded to wear comfortable athletic or walking shoes, layered clothes, and sun protection
Salzburg Day Tour from Munich