My husband and I stayed in a standard queen room in January 2020 for 4 nights while on a roadtrip in the area.
- clean room, although part of the bed was broken (the mattress on one side had slightly collapsed)
- good wifi
- friendly staff
- okay breakfast buffet
- plentiful, easy and complimentary parking
- nice location outside town. The taxis are cheap and easy to use.
- tried to book treatments at the spa, but was informed it's fully booked. The hotel could inform customers of the need to pre-book before arrival.
- the room contained no slippers. Was informed we could get them from the spa but was met by an almost scary lady who demanded a deposit (!!) for SLIPPERS. It would also, apparently, have required filling in forms (:D ). At this point, I didn't know whether I should cry or laugh and decided that the slippers were most definitely not worth the time and effort.
- the complimentary shuttle only requires pre-booking TO town and I wouldn't count on using it coming back from town since it appeared to be the survival of the quickest queue-jumper...
- two cleaners, on two separate occasions, tried to enter our room even though the "Do not disturb" sign was hanging on the know and we were trying to sleep. The first try was at 9.30 in the morning! I was absolutely furious.
- housekeeping began cleaning rooms at 7 am with zero regard for customers in their rooms. They came armed with extremely loud walkie-talkies so good look having a sleep-in (oh, but that won't be possible anyway as someone will forcefully enter your room even though there's a Do not disturb sign....)
- lousy sound isolation between other rooms as well as between the room and hallway. We could hear what TV programme our neighbour was watching and exactly what they were doing in the bathroom.
In conclusion, this hotel has great potential but needs to focus more on the small details and the customer experience.