Me and my husband stayed in Madre Tierra as a last minute deal due to some changes that we needed to apply in our trip.
Points to improve:
- Payment: guys, it was a nightmare!!! First of all: they just accept cash. Come on! 2020... I didn’t checked it on Booking.com (last minute, I was on a rush and didn’t realize it...) and got very surprised because I haven’t the enough money to pay it in cash. So, the receptionist said that we could pay using credit card but it would have a extra rate of 15% (yes, an absurd, but not the last one...) and I would need to cancel my reservation on Booking.com (I can’t understand why, except by 2 reasons: first of all, they don’t want to pay Booking commission (what I think is very wrong because I arrived to these guys using it) and they don’t what my review there (Ok, I‘ m making it here with a special touch).
- The nanny point: they ask you ALL your plains, schedule and companies that you used to booking. It is annoying!!! I was on vacations and didn’t wanted to give so much details of every step I took... It is so much my nanny! Kkkkkk
- Second nanny point: Twice a day the room keeper entered in our room to clean but also to organize my shoes, papers and other things. Once my husband was searching his fleece and we realized that the lady placed it inside the wardrobe (sooooo nanny!). It is something to improve because is a little bit invasive and also annoying!
- The room was very small. Me and my husband couldn’t open properly the bags... but, at least it was cosy!
- They also declare themselves as “Boutique Hotel” (and will charge you for it) but some maintenance was necessary in the bathtub. As you can see in the picture, the access to its motor was totally rusty!
The other installations were ok.
- At least: the cost!!! As I said, they will change you for EVERY LITTLE THING! All the other hotels in Argentina include the breakfast in the rate, but not these guys! They will change you in USD 25 per person!!! Yes, overrated!
- Breakfast: it was good but didn’t match the price at all! Just few thing on the table and they didn’t replace things that were missing... An invite to eat less as I suppose that the people who payed USD 25 for it wanted to worth the cost (but it is not possible).
- Consumer relationship: as I already said, I had I big problem with paying. So, as I was “gently invited” to cancel my reservation on Booking, I tried to reduce the days and the answer to my request was (guess what?!) NO! Normally I am more a inquisitive person but I was so pissed off that I accepted...
I got so bad with this hotel... I got a little bit angry a couple of days but decided not ruin my vacation because of these guys... However, I hope that my review here help you to avoid this kind of hotel who really want to exploit the tourists!
So, avoid it and enjoy El Calafate in other hotel! ;)
Mariana - Brazil 🇧🇷