Quite well placed for those interested in being relatively close to the city center ( 25 min walk to Schwedenplatz, 4 tram stations to Karlsplatz, direct link to airport via S7 which is 2 min away).
Excellent service from the front desk. I would have liked to recommend one of them but that would not be fair given that all of them were kind and helpful.
Excellent idea to offer free of charge, on top of the free Wi-Fi inside the hotel, a Wi-Fi portable hotspot. It was a life saver when my phone decided to go on a rampage and refuse to work in roaming and I had some important work-related actions to perform over Internet.
The "Hugo" beverage served at the bar was highly appreciated by my gf.
The hotel offers more or less the usual amenities found in 4* European hotels, among which bathrobes, towels ( replaced daily despite us not asking for this ), shower cap, sewing kit, shoe shine and even hair conditioner.
The TV has access to 150+ tv channels (Austrian, German, several Arabic channels, Russian, Italian, Spanish, French) including Bloomberg, CNN, Al Jazeera ( and even one Japanese channel ) plus dozens of radio stations. However there is no CI card so do not rely on watching content that is usually scrambled, like the movies on RAI 2.
There are however a few points which were not OK. First of all, the convector/central heating system did not seem to really be influenced by the digital controls placed in the room. For medical reasons we needed a temperature of at least 25 °C but no matter what settings we used, the temperature in the room did not change. We were saved by the fact that the bathroom was equipped with a radiator which got really hot once we turn it on, so we just left the bathroom door open.
Second and more important, the service from the cleaning personnel was quite poor:
- the dust on the TV table was not touched during the 10 days we stayed there
- linen was replaced only once
- all glasses and forks that we borrowed from the bar were taken away each day (frankly I contemplated the idea of locking them in the safe when we left the room !)
- the docking station used to recharge the portable hotspot was taken away from us one day too early
- the soap dispenser from the shower was not refilled until we specifically asked for it, despite the fact that it was obvious it was empty;
- one day we decided to spend the morning in the room so we kept the "DND" sign on the door until 3:30 PM when we left and replaced it with the "please clean the room"; instead of having the room cleaned, we found a note telling us that the room was not cleaned due to the DND sign that was there prior to 3:30 PM ( and I repeat, when we left the note was not there, it was hung on the door knob AFTER we placed the "please clean the room sign" on the knob)
- on several occasions we found insects crawling on the bathroom floor.
And last , the gentleman refilling the minibar ignored the "Do not disturb" sign on the door in each of the first 3 days of our staying. I guess he finally understood that we were not going to use the content from the minibar and stopped doing that in day #4
All in all, the hotel is very nice and I am sure all issues can be solved with the help of the reception desk. In our case, we decided to not make a fuss and except for the insects and missing soap we just coped with the situation. And, well, when the Wi-Fi did not work in our room (during the first 2 days) we also asked for help. As a result a technician finally solved the issue and meanwhile we could rely on the portable WiFi hotspot as well.