I've stayed in better and in worse hotels, so I know a bit what standards are.
For a hotel that promotes itself as Premium 4-stars (on their signs), Olsanka unfortunately falls short.
Let's mention the small stuff first.
1. Room interior is not finished, there is is a huge slab of drywall uncovered as we walked into the room. There is blobs of plaster on the ceiling just covered with paint.
2. Walls are so thin, we could hear conversations and other activities in the other room (3-5am..)
3. Info-tv is out of date
4. Reception number should be the first fast-dial on the phone..
5. Cleaning staff just brings new towels daily, hasn't changed bedsheets going on day4. Also hasn't managed to bring new tea/coffee refill packs or even clean the cups.
6. Door hinges in all the rooms need to be oiled badly!!!
7. Shower corner is so small (80cm) compared to the entire bathroom, could have easily fit 1m shower corner with room to spare). Bathroom floor is cold.
Shower head is barely staying up, is dirty and broken. Shower door is missing a screw.
8. Breakfast was a sad attempt as well, as they advertise it as Premium..
Cutlery looks cheap, from like 30 years ago, soviet relics.
5-min eggs were inconsistent, one day they were runny as hell, the other day hard-boiled. Didn't even dare to touch the "boiled" eggs..
Basic scrambled eggs was missing!!!
Salt-shaker filled with salt granules larger then the holes of the shaker!
Vegetable selection consisted of roughly chopped tomatoes/cucumber/paprika, "salad" bar was mainly mayo covered dishes.
9. Late-night receptionist is only there to take notes, unable to help with a basic question of "Can we get a pack of tea since the cleaning lady didn't bring any".
10. Ceiling panels in the halls are gray, dusty and grimy, leaves a dark feeling to the place as a whole
11. Vending machine is over-priced and selection is terrible
13. Pillows are filled with something what makes your feel uncomfortable while sleeping.
14. Mattresses are too soft, we sunk right in.
Overall a lot of cut corners that would make a huge impact on a Premium feeling.
Just so that not everything is negative, here are some positive notes to work on:
1. Room temp was adequate for December, didn't freeze or sweat
2. Breakfast croissants were fresh and tasty
3. Our room interior lighting scheme was very nice, impressed me from the first moment.