Things we liked:
The hotel is very close to the city center, there are plenty of restaurants and cafes around.
We were allowed to bring our dog and were provided a room on the ground floor.
There is a pretty and small summer garden at the back.
Hotel offers free parking.
Very nice upper floor library.
1. The hotel is surrounded by water trenches, so in summer/autumn expect many insects in the room. The rooms are stuffy and obviously don't have A/C, so once you open a window - your drinks and food are covered with fruit flies. Why there are no pre-installed insect repellents in the sockets in the rooms??
2. Yes, our dog was allowed, however it cost us 25 euros/night for a small dog.
3. The staff was welcoming, but not helpful and sometimes unprofessional. We asked if breakfast can be ordered to out room. Answer - "Not sure, I think it costs". We asked if they could help us out with the flies. Answer - "I think we had a insect killer spray somewhere, maybe on the 3rd floor...". That's it, no solutions provided. After that we decided not to ask for help anymore.
4. Housekeeping was a surprise. We came to a room with dirty bathroom, dead flies on the windowsills, cobwebs on fan blades and dust. The day they cleaned the room they didn't change the bed sheets, didn't remove the dead flies from windowsills, and the floor was most likely not vacuumed. The fresh towels were just tossed on a stool in the bathroom. Nothing "luxurious" if you ask me.
5. The furniture is quite dated and smells funny. Also the bed/mattress was not comfy. We woke up with back pain every morning.
6. The hotel does not have a restaurant.
7. Breakfast was good, but certainly not "best in town". Sometimes the juices served are off, and don't expect that champagne to be offered every day :) Why? No idea. Probably the waitresses just forget sometimes. As for warm breakfast choices - omelet with ham and cheese or fried eggs and bacon. Every day. No other options.
I really dislike writing negative reviews. But in this case I cannot keep silent as I find all the positive reviews misleading.
Maybe if the prices were lower, I guess some negative aspects could've been ignored. But with such high room rates, I find it unacceptable to have poor service and housekeeping.