Stayed in lots of HK hotels in the same price range. Average in terms of size and mediocre service. However, just because it’s in line with others, doesn’t mean it deserve 3 stars let alone 5.
A disgrace to call this place a "hotel". It's stripped bare beyond what a hotel should be. I guess they think the term "Hotel" is synonymous to "Hostel".
1) Thinnest walls architecturally possible. Someone's TV was super noisy at 6am. I could hear people moving about their room.
2) Bare bones amenity. No hand cream, not cotton pads, not shaver, no hand/face towel, just 2 bath towels.
4) No shaver outlet (2 prong). Went to the front desk to borrow one, they require cash deposit, won't take credit cards.
5) Shower only, no tub.
6) No shower gel, only bath foam, but remember? They only have a shower.
7) Just a half used toilet roll, no extras anywhere.
8) List of charges on the desk for anyone to see, should you steal or mess up any of their items in the room. Really welcoming way to greet your guests.
Fast check in and check out. I'll give it to them for efficiency.
Location is good too, close to MTR station and lots of bars and restaurants around.
However, no understanding of hospitality of any kind in line with a normal hotel.
If you are only crashing for a night without taking a shower/shaving/washing your face, this will do, but for anything beyond that I'd look elsewhere.
They had plaques of some awards in the lobby about being chosen as the best. Really? Did they pay to get those?