We booked our room at this homestay in person after having stayed at two other homestays and also visiting a couple other homestays on Hanoman Rd.
TIP BEFORE YOU BOOK
Many of the top-rated homestays are mapped incorrectly on TripAdvisor, so we would think they were located near the Main Road, but then they'd turn out to be near or around the Monkey Forest. This happened at least 6 times, so if location is important to you, be sure to triple check addresses before you book any place in Ubud.
Compared to the other two homestays at which we stayed earlier in the week:
* Location: located slightly away from bustling Jalan Monkey Forest road on a street with more boutique-y shops, but still "part of the action". Easy to get back to.
* Value: The price for accommodations here can't be beat.
* Hospitality: our most authentic homestay, plus talking bird out in the courtyard!
* We saw one of the family members help out a guest trying to buy a birthday cake by offering to take her on her moped to a local grocery store. How sweet of her!
* On our last day, we planned to leave at 6:30am, Sumantara volunteered to get up early and make us breakfast before we set out. Really sweet of him!
* Sumantara helped us arrange a driver and car to take us back to Jimbaran and both the driver and car were great!
* Located near "Caramel", a great place for afternoon coffee and sweets.
* our bathroom was a bit on the smallish side with a half-sink and a small shower area next to it.
* there was an unstocked kitchen and gas range in our room which wasn't really that useful for us. Given how cheap food is outside, I am not sure that this space would be useful for anyone, but this could be a major PRO given I don't know of any other homestays that offers a gas range in your room! I personally would have found a mini-fridge more useful.
For the rate we got, we had a good value. We had AC in our room (other available homestays we checked out on Hanoman Road didn't have AC) which wass important after a day trek out in the sun and humidity, and I'm not usually an AC person.
Amenities we didn't have here (but were available when we paid more at our other homestays):
The room was supplied with hand soap and water bottles. Wifi was also available, but I think it speed was average.