4 friends staying there and had the WORST experience!!
WARNING everybody do not book there, even if it's cheap
Worst part was our experience with how we were treated by the homestay owner
We had booked online for quite some time, relied on the overall good rating and wanted a refund after a few nights.
what you get for the budget price if you're not picky:
- room as dark as the bat cave
- location bad, but okay with scooter (rent them in town)
- rooms cleaned only after request
- bathroom very smelly, poor drainage, flooded for hours after showering
- bring your own toilet paper or annoy the family every day asking for it
what we were not expecting:
- scooters of the homestay in horrible condition, our friends (living in Bali, so they know how to drive) had an accident because of an unreliable scooter and had to be treated by doctors. Owner reacted disrespectful when we told him, just worried about the scooter and didn't care about our friends getting stitched up
- rude family (besides of one member who left town after first day) does not speak English and is ignorant and impolite when we tried to negotiate friendly (!) to get our money back, the owner got angry and upset and told us to talk to agoda, not him, (we booked through agoda, but after agoda tried to negotiate, the family still refused. We tried with an indonesian friend translating as well, they just hung up on her on the phone while she was speaking and didn't pick up anymore)
We ended up packing our bags straight away and left, because we felt so uncomfortable. We came back the next day to speak to them again, they just ignored us. We didn't get a refund for 6 nights. Ended up staying in town for only 10k more a night, so worth it guys, our advice is to drive around in town and ask in person to see the rooms and negotiate the price, because you can get something better for 90k a night private room.