We loved this place! It’s not 5 star luxury but its remote, very clean, beautiful and has an amazing home feel. Great value for money!
This place is run by WanWan and his family/team, it’s almost like a bnb but each room has its own bathroom and facilities.
There are 4 rooms available with varying sized rooms some with partially outdoor bathrooms which was great!
Food - All the food is cooked in the open kitchen by the dining area, and it SO good! Traditional Balinese home cooking, we travelled Bali for another 10 days after and it was still the best food of the trip.
- Breakfast was included and for a small fee they will do dinner for you as well which we highly recommend that you do!
Property - it has a great pool, the main area for dining is a great for catching an amazing sunrise or overlook the mountains while having breakfast, however all of the rooms also face that direction too. The top 2 levels have a large veranda perfect to sit out and relax.
At dinner they even lit a fire which wasn’t necessary as it was not cold but it added to the cozy atmosphere, along with music and candles.
Location - it’s a bumpy road to get to
- no shops in walking distance there are locals with small market stalls and a temple next door however no restaurants.
- a short drive/scooter can get you to a couple of restaurants near the rice terraces
- a great place to stay for R&R without leaving the property much.
Tips - use their pick up service to get there as other drivers find it difficult to locate. They have their own driver who can take you around for day trips to the famous rice fields near by etc he’ll wait for you at each spot. However for this driver he charged us a lot for Bali standards 500,000 IDK for the day (which isn’t too bad) but you could find cheaper. However the convenience outweighed the price difference for us!
- there’s are 2 super cute cats which we loved as it felt like home.
We will definitely be back to see wanwan and his family they were so warm and welcoming!