Me and my wife booked a Double bedroom in Hotel Vienna 7 weeks in advance. We thought we will get a basic 3-star hotel. We've been travelling the world for 12 years and in Hotel Vienna we've encountered the worst experience.
1. We've booked a 17 m² double bedroom. Our room at most was 7 m².
2. There were no lights on the ceiling, only a lamp on the table. So some areas are completely dark. How you supposed to put your shoes on and jackets there?
3. Bedside lamps were put above pillows and a lamp cover was open and did not close properly! So you are exposed to 220 V electricity when you sleep! You cannot put a pillow against the backboard to watch TV because there is a lamp there!
4. There were only 2 electricity sockets in an entire bedroom which were located below the table. 1 socket is used for the lamp (there are no lights on the ceiling) and the other for the TV! So there should we charge our phones?!
5. The bed consists of an old bed frame with a matress + an another mattress put on it. We found a mattress we've slept on was covered with a towel underneath the sheets, so you can only guess why they put a towel on the matress... probably they kept dogs there before...
6. There were no bedside table on my wife's side because it did not fit. 3-star hotel experience? 17 m² double bedroom?
7. Bathroom was not clean and you can see scales.
8. The room was dirty.
9. There are no proper bath tub, just a hole in the floor. So if your partner takes a so-called shower you have to stand on the wet slippery floor to brush your teeth! There are no bathroom rugs, there is no mop to clean the floor after taking a shower. We did not take this 'so-called shower' anyway... 3-star hotel experience!
10. Toilet is broken. And the water comes out of the pipes... You can stand on this water to brush your teeth. 3-star hotel experience!
11. A handle on bide was broken and bide had only very hot water. So you can burn your skin.
12. There were no normal windows, just a ceiling window which you could not open properly, the window frame in the bathroom was rotten.
13. In the morning you can hear all guests slamming their doors in the corridor, there is no sound isolation at all and so you cannot sleep after 7 am when the guests start leaving. Moreover, every 15 minutes you can smell cigarette smoke coming from somewhere (probably ventilation hole) even though it is a no-smoking bedroom.
14. Finally, in the morning I wanted to call the reception and ask for an iron but there were no reception number on the phone. I asked the housekeeping staff on my floor - they did not speak any English nor Italian. I went to the reception and was given a broken iron and they said they have no ironing board. Then I though were am I supposed to iron my clothes in this so-called 3-star double bedroom?
Of course when we saw our bedroom we've asked the reception staff to change our room, but they told us this is a standard double bedroom in their hotel and that we got a ''very good room'' (here I quote the reception lady!) and should have no complaints about it. Then we asked why the pictures were completely different from what we get and the lady told us that they don't have enough time picture all the bedrooms. We told her that we've booked 7 weeks in advance and should have been informed that our room will be different from the pictures and description, she said once again that we have a ''very good room'' and should not complain!
Worst experience within 12 years of travelling. Hotel Vienna is a disgrace to Italy.