This was supposed to be a week of skiing with the family (2 adults and 2 kids) as part of of longer Japan trip but we left after three drays.
The hotel was supposed to be 4 star recommendation with half board and kids friendly. It also offered a choice of restaurants and is close to the slopes. So all sounded good.
The location is ok and indeed close to the slopes. The Onsen (private and public) is ok. Parking is free and ample availability. These are the pretty much the only few positive points I can have.
Here is a short summary of the bad things which left us leaving early (after a longer discussion that they wanted to charge us for the full stay):
- Hotel is not at all international standard at all: very few people who speak English, very old rooms, poor very overall condition of the estate
- The hotel is expensive but everything is still charged extra: e.g. the use of the pool is chargeable for hotel guest (!), half board is only for the buffet dinner which is overcrowded and everyday exactly the same food, even table tennis cost money
- In spite of price, the hotel is old and outdated. The reception areas has gone through a recent renovation a few years back, but that is about it.
- The rooms are a disaster. They are small, old, unkept, the Tatami Room which was supposed to house a family of 4 does not allow any luggage space and the Tatami area will be used for Futons for the kids. The furniture is run down and overall condition is poor.
- The bathrooms are 1970s plastic shower cells similar to a camper, which do not even allow anyone to stand straight (floor to ceiling around 170cm). They are outdated, run down, super small and basically not usable. The hotel told me, I am supposed to use the common shower facilities at the Onsen and not the bathroom in the room?
- The pool is old, under reno and completely run down.
In summary, I can only warn to stay here. Overpriced and way below standard. I have attached a few picture to give you an impression.