Originally booking to stay for a number of nights, we ended up checking out within a day. Why? We were sold by the aesthetically pleasing lobby, but quickly found the rooms and service unfortunately did not reflect the same.
- The Aircon would not cool the room despite being on all night - it felt the control panel was a deceptive tool;
- the room was not clean - there was dust all over the skirting boards, table, lamps, bathroom floor - then when I opened the curtain, a big dust cloud spread across the room;
- the linen was not clean and smelt of the body odour of the previous guests. I had to convince the cleaners to change it;
- The bathroom floor was poorly built, tilting at the opposite end, so would flood with stagnant water within minutes;
- despite us and the hotel staff spraying insect repellent throughout the night, we were bitten multiple times;
- we paid for a window/view, but there was no insulation to keep the noise from the roads out, we hardly slept.
Having stayed in multiple hostels, boutique hotels and homestays across Asia, this was honestly a 2 star service across the board. From hygiene, cleanliness, to hesitation from the staff recognising the issues we faced, sadly, this hotel failed to hit the mark.
The hotel eventually recognised our concerns the next morning and provided us with a refund for the following unused nights- but this took an entire morning and was a confusing process given we had booked through a well-known third party website, the hotel had put a damage deposit on our card and paid the tourist tax in cash.
Built for the aesthetically pleasing insta-crowds - if you seek a clean, comfortable stay away from home (that actually matches the decor of the lobby) this place ain't it.