I booked this hotel for 4 nights using a well known booking site.
But, the hotel is now part of a hotels chain named OYO, which acted as a "man in the middle" between my booking site and the hotel. Hence:
- 24 hours before stay, I received an email asking me to go on some web page and press a "confirm" button, otherwise my stay was to be cancelled
- while I was boarding my plane for Penang, I got a text message requesting me to call a Malaysian number in the next 30 minutes, otherwise my stay was to be cancelled! I was not nice on the phone as you can figure...
- on the second day of my stay, OYO cancelled the booking on my booking site as "no show"! Given the content of the phone call the day before, I would not be surprised that they cancelled the stay so that I am unable to leave comments on my initial booking site...
So, my advice after this experience is, AVOID ANY OYO MANAGED HOTEL!
- the hotel is very well situated
- the historical house has undeniably some charm
- it is rather clean, even if the sheets could be better
- the hotel staff on the premises was nice.