1. Entrance: 5 minutes bad and rocky road journey before reaching the gate. Locked gate. Takes few minutes to open. Even have to call the number written on the gate and state your booking number and name. Not feeling welcomed at all. Like entering prison deep in the forest. Do not come during dark. Confusing road and signage. Even use googlemaps a bit confusing.
2. Came during raining heavily. Have to transfer beg to buggy. No cars allowed inside. Wet and drenched during transfer and brought to room. Buggy have no cover. Have to inhale the smoke from tractor when sit behind. Also driver is smoking that morning when we check out. We have to inhale his cigarette smoke too.
3. Got room of Terrace type. No tv. No wifi. No internet reception. Celcom only H+ signal. No phone in room for inquiries or complaint. No notepad to write feedback. In front of Hibiscus Hall. Music was played so loud bcs got event. Not tranquilling at all. Lose the sound of river and nature. Even request for quiet place but worst got room in front of Hall. So stressful. If got activity people are screaming and shouting cheering loudly. A lot more stress added. Do not come here if you expect a quiet night. I am having problem to rest and sleep after a heavy day and was totally ruined by all of these. I have to cover my ear with pillow but the sound wont go away. Feels like want to shout at the organizer to shut the hell off but this place is not mine. Since there is no tv n poor internet connection, I have to endure the loud music from Hibiscuss Hall. Dear owner, please change the name of your place to TEAMBUILDING CENTRE rather than REFRESHING SPRING RESORT that will mislead other people too!
4. Kettle provided was rusty and unsafe to use. Probably can get Tetanus. We realize the kettle was rusty when we want to use to make coffee at 2am. So we decide not to use it. Bathroom floor so sliperry and no anti slip mat at the inside the bathroom. Just a small floor mat outside bathroom. No mirror inside room just a small mirror inside bathroom. Water heater for shower not so hot. Luke warm only. No place for wardrobe/almari. Just 5 pieces of hook on the wall to hang everything.
5. Food? Didnt even have a chance to taste it. When I came to dining hall for dinner that night (I am willing to pay any cost) the owner said there got family function. If I want to dine there, he can set up the table but with payment RM23/head. Then, before I could agree (bcs im too tired to go out again) he insisted me to go out and have dinner outside as outside is more CHEAPER AND TASTIER! "FRANKLY SPEAKING". What kind of owner say like that about his food quality? Since he said like that (as if unwilling to serve both of us) then we have to go out and have another gruelling bumpy ride and have to drove about 10 minutes to find a restaurant just to fill our stomach. As usual have to wait for his buggy ride to get to our car and as usual the gate is lock, we have to wait for somebody to open the gate. What a waste of time and energy. Not customer friendly at all.
Also, pls do not google restaurant nearby me. Bcs all will lead you to strange place. Just go dine in any place you found. Breakfast? Didnt got a chance too. Bcs we are unaware of the time limit. When I call owner abt bfast, he said last 10am but then he tried to invited us to have bfast in admin office. But then bcs we are running out of time, we have to decline and just check out and have bfast outside. Also when I met the owner at dining hall last night he didnt remind us like every other hotel. Usually when we check in, the receptionist will remind time of bfast, dinner menu and price etc. At least do care a bit about your customer who didnt come in a group.
6. Over-price for just a small room and few facilities. RM285 for a small room with limited necessities in the room. Not tranquilling at all. Noisy with teambuilding activities. Even 9 in the morning got ppl screaming shouting cheering with team building activitites, playing ball in the hall. No 3 in 1 drinks provided. Only bottled water, cup and rusty kettle.
7. There were a lot of facilities provided. But you know when you hate the place you dont want to stay longer and get out from there ASAP. Didnt have a chance to try the spring, fish feeding etc bcs we were upset and all we want is to escape from there. Worst experience ever.
1. Friendly indonesian/malay guy bring umbrella and warm smile welcoming us with buggy inside. Even he also was wet. Poor him have to go back n forth driving buggy pick all customer in and out.
2. Water pressure is good
3. Halal food prepared by Malay Women chef. I really wish I can taste her cookings.
4. 2 choices of ventilation in room. A/C and Fan. Both working good.
5. Nice n comfy bed and pillow. Clean sheet. Smells nice.
6. Surau provided and qiblat shown in every room.
7. Easy check in n check out. Just a call away.
Will I come back? HELL NO! Please do not come to this place if you got smaller kids/toddler. Or expecting a quiet, tranquil and pleasant night!
Do come if you want to organize team building, camp, family day etc.
1. Drive a 4x4 to come here
2. Use celcom line. At least able to call owner for anything.
3. Do not book Terrace room in front of Hibiscus Hall if you want a quiet night. Or ask beforehand if got team building or any group event on the date. Avoid that date.
4. Do not come on rainy season. It sucks. You cannot enjoy the facilities provided due to rain.
5. Bring own food for bbq. Read all regulations from the resort website. Download a map too!
6. Bring own snacks/food to avoid a hungry night.
7. Bring your own iron/kettle/hanger. The room is very basic. Do not expect a fridge or tv.
Advise to owner:
1. Pls prepare a good transportation system for rainy days
2. At least install whatsapp for easy communication. Welcoming us and state few regulations, share maps, bfast time etc esp when rainy days we cant drop by the admin to clarify few things or do a proper check in.
3. At least put fixed phone line for easy communication to admin office
4. Avoid closing gate 24hrs. I know it is a private land. But feels like entering a prison.
5. Do care about customers who didnt come in group or having an event. Prepare a small brochure or handout in the room to give a brief idea about few regulations and timing. Opening hours of dining hall, fish feeding, hot spring, map inside tje resort, check out time etc. I have to google your website with the poor internet connection and it is very stressing. Provide a fixed line contact number on the website too.