First of all, we would like to thank the staff of the lodge for their warm hospitality, especially Siti and Izah (spelling is probably incorrect), and the gentleman at the stables, the groom who was the main trainer in the arena.
Despite our late arrival, Siti was very kind to have rearranged our schedule and accommodated us well. The rides were very relaxing and the grooms are experienced. We had a most wonderful time with the horses and were planning for another trip over Easter.
However, what was to be a memorable break soon turned into a nightmare. My son, started feeling ill just before our departure. He threw up before we boarded our vehicle. On the journey back to Singapore, he continued to throw up every half hour or less. We sent him straight to the hospital after we left Malaysia. In total, he threw up 15 times in the journey alone. I would have thought it to be a case of personal hygiene lapse on his part, if not for the fact that, my friend's son, also started with the same symptoms when he arrived home. His mother, also caught on. And I, and both our husbands (who did not join us at the lodge), too, succumbed to the virus soon after. The hospital suspected stomach flu, as a result of ingesting contaminated food and viral or bacterial infection.
The reason for this post is for the management to look into the sanitation of the lodge, as well as the food preparation in the kitchen to prevent more cases of guests and staff experiencing what we did. It has been 4 days since we returned and we are still fighting fire at home.
Nonetheless, we did have a memorable trip.