Here's a short list of what all challenges we have faced:
We were first put in Room # 36
1) The walls are broken and cracked
2) The only bedroom had only night lamps
3) The gas stove was not working and in order to make that work, they had to disable the chimney and the oven. Please note that the place has no restaurant. So you have no option but to use the kitchen.
4) Absolutely no basic supply is also kept in the rooms. Not even coffee/ milk pouch or even dishwashing liquid.
5) Service is absent completely. The Manager Mr Ram and the handyman Mr Dipak can speak English. The others can't at all. And Mr Ram or Dipak are not there beyond 5 pm. So if anything goes wrong or you need any support, there is absolutely none.
6) The curtain rod of the bedroom came off due to wind! So basically nothing to give any privacy.
7) There were lizards in the kitchen
On the 3rd day they shifted us to Room 20
8) The kitchen sink leaked the whole time. It was not a little leaking, it was water flowing through the living room and us having to clean it since this happened when we were trying to prepare dinner and there was no service staff there. So all evening we eded up cleaning the water leakage. Next morning we had a trip planned and we left a message with the security person to inform Mr Ram to fix it. But no message was passed on. On our return when we informed Mr Ram, he just showed his helplessness and gave us a bucket to put under the sink. Unfortunately this was finally fixed on the 27th of Dec right before we were leaving for the airport.
9) The bedroom here also had only dim lights
10) There were lizards everywhere. The kitchen the bedrooms everywhere. It was not just lizards there were other insects too, making it clear that no fumigation is ever done.
Overall a very very poor experience. Ad any conversation with whatever skeletal staff that we could see was only showing their helplessness. They have basically learnt to live in this situation. I saw positive feedback about Grand Baie Suites in Tripadvisor. May be it used to be good once upon a time. But right now it doesn't even qualify for a 2 star property.