I was looking for a place to stay in Cebu City after I went back from the island. I found HappyNest Hostel in TripAdvisor and read good reviews. So I booked a space with Agoda.
I arrived at around 1AM already and was welcomed by the friendly receptionist. They have 5 rooms and I think all are dormitory. I chose the all female room. There were 3 guests when I arrived and they were sleeping.
As usual, if you are staying in a dormitory type of room, you should be considerate on other guests and avoid noise especially if it's sleeping time. And let's be understanding if there are light noises from moving or snoring or walking of other guests.
WHAT I LOVE
* Location - walking distance to Pier 1, to Cathedral Church, to Plaza Independencia, Santo Niño Church, Magellan's Cross and even to Colon. One ride to SM City Cebu via jeepneys and SM Seaside Cebu via My Bus, as well.
* Bed/Room - the bed is big enough and there is a curtain for privacy which I did not expect that we have like this in Cebu. There is a locker that can fit just maybe your backpack. You have your own light and 1 outlet. The pillow is soft.
* Shower and Comfort Room - I appreciate a lot that the shower & comfort rooms are separated for Women and Men. They have rack also where you can hang your wet clothes. There are sinks outside with mirrors and a good quote at the back.
Common Area - though they offer breakfast for Php 100 plus, you can also cook and prepare your own meal. You can use their kitchen and the utensils there. You just have to wash after. The dining area is very relaxing too. There is a living room too where you can chill.
Ambiance - I like the ambiance of the hostel as a whole. It's warm and relaxing.
Customer Service - they have friendly staff
* there is no free towels, shampoo and soap. You have to rent for the towel (Php 50) while the shampoo, soap, toothpaste, etc., you can buy from the receptionist at a very low price.
* there are many squatters outside the hostel. You just have to be cautious. 😊
Very highly recommended especially if you are looking for a place near the port or Cebu proper. 👍👌