First, the positives:
- It was a good location (fairly close to both the major beaches and town), but was still relatively quiet. It was also nice to have a grocery store nearby.
- The room was comfortable, as was the bed. Also glad it was equipped with a fan.
- The host booked a kayaking trip for us and had a nice and happy golden retriever.
- The Flow House website advertises that “breakfast is included in the price...” which it is not. This is false advertising. After realizing this, I regret not asking for some of our money back. I hope they at least take this line off their site. It’s listed under the “The House” tab of their site.
- The host sometimes gives the impression that he’s being inconvenienced by having guests. I don’t know if this is intentional, but it’s something the host needs to work on. We witnessed a group waiting to check in while he ate dinner, which while maybe justifiable, is just pretty bad service.
- A lot of little things added up: our room wasn’t made up one of the days, we weren’t given shampoo/soap refills unless we asked for them explicitly, the guest fridge badly needed a cleaning...I’m probably forgetting a few things, but a lot of it had to do with just a general lack of care for hospitality.
Overall, I can’t recommend Flow House, but with a little more care, it could be a good place to stay.