We took the view that Madeira was as safe as anywhere in the world, if we were going to have a holiday! Yes, things were different, but overall as lovely as ever-
- Everyone arriving around the island is tested and we had our results within 5 hours of landing
- All staff at restaurants/hotels are wearing masks and ready access to sanitiser everywhere etc
- Island is undoubtedly quieter, but not in a bad way in a peaceful way as a holidaymaker
- islanders and business owners definitely want visitors to come
- Better access to chairs around the pool and all socially distanced
- UK Government have an anomaly at present - Madeira is on the OK to fly To list, but on return Madeira is grouped with Portugal and therefore 14 day quarantine is currently required
- If you are used to coming to Madeira it will feel different, but you soon adjust and actually enjoy the additional peace of the island and pace. It’s very relaxing !
Overall a great break and really feel for the locals who are desperate for holiday makers!