As a 47+ countries traveler myself, this place is magnificent. Let's talk about the great points about it, and some constructive feedback after.
Great points -
1. The room is amazing, elegant, well designed and we feel very relaxed in it. Bath tub and shower room are great.
2. The workshops and activities we participated were all well conducted, we enjoyed them very much. We are impressed with the hospitality provided by Sheryl (the one who conducted the boba milk tea session and bracelet session)
3. The person who served us when we arrived, the person (C) who served us at the Knolls and the assistant manager (V) who made sure there are options (although limited) for us as we are Buddhism vegetarian (this is due to the constructive feedback later).
4. People at the Spa was polite, friendly, very attentive.
5. The staffs at the pool side are very good and responsive.
6. Afternoon tea and the living room service was top notch, the whole place amazes me.
7. They treated me very well as it was my birthday staycation, the little touch here and there did make me feel very welcomed and nice.
1. The culturist was not very responsive when I emailed them two months ago, then followed up with them one month ago. Once I follow up again, they told me all the activities are fully booked, until I myself need to find solution for him to help me to get to participate the activities. This is not ok.
2. The options of what kind of activities we can do during our stay are not properly informed. I, as a customer needs to do my homework to do research and ask the culturist via email (it was painful by paying this kind of price and get this kind of service) and yet the person was not responsive. Sheryl is the saving point for this, when I feedback this to her while I was at the hotel, she personally checked and came back to me with the options and advises me which activity to go for. This is Creative Solution. Big applause to her as a fresh grad who can perform so well!
3. I have emailed Capella 1-2 months ago to inform them about our Buddhism vegetarian diet, as well as making a booking at the Knolls. Turned out to be, the chefs ask C to inform us that they can only provide us wok fried beehoon, wok fried rice for my birthday dinner? Seriously? Then i told them we wanted something different and even provide some ideas to them. They provided the food after all, which is lovely, but we need to say, we were starved as the food only came up after one hour plus (we arrived at 6.30pm, appetizer came at 7.35pm). I am just wondering whether the chef is not well informed on this diet? Will it be different kind of treatment if it is a Halal or Kosher diet? I am not sure, maybe Capella can let me know on this.
Again, I would recommend Capella to all my friends, and I hope they can improve on the points I raise and it will be even better!