I stay at this hotel regularly and I think some of the super positive reviewers are a bit over the top. This is an average Taiwanese hotel located in a mix-use older building, really should be 3.5 star. If you get a low price, then it can provide good values, but weekends here can more the double the weekday rate, and it can feel really overpriced for what you get.
1) Room is small, basic but mostly clean, good if you are just here to sleep
2) Good location for food, plenty of convenient stores and eateries, and a small night market is just across the street if you are into cheap eats or need a late night snack
3) Internet is decent speed and mostly reliable over my many stays
4) Good basic amenities: small frig, water kettle, bottle water and safe in the room, and coffee and soda machine in common area
1) Location is near popular areas but in the mid-point between 2 subway stations, so I would not recommend dragging your luggage to here as it is a long and draining walk
2) Cleanliness of the room can be a mix bag, depend on which housekeeping person cleaned the room
3) Almost no 2 rooms are of the same floor plan, some are decent while others may have very weird layout
1) Won't let you check in a minute before 3pm. Even for a regular customer like me, they refused to let me check-in early on a very long stay if I arrive on an early international flight...
2) Hotel sells room for hourly use, intended for young people and couples to have intimacy, so you can expect to see young couples come and go...and hear sounds of people getting intimate if you know what I mean
3) Breakfast is weak... It's not a buffet and more of a set breakfast but a very small one. No menu and they just make up what they serve, on the go, using mostly processed food, just heated up in several airfryer ovens. On busy days, they reduce the size even more, so they have enough food to serve all the guests. Portion is very very small, and they cut up everything to create the illusion of more items...just look at the picture I attached, it's a very typical serving. Breakfast is made-to-order, and not ideal if you are in a hurry to go somewhere...
Overall, this is a decent place if you get it super cheap, and you should temper your expectations.