The quality of this hotel has significantly declined over the last 1 year. I am a business traveler and also an ambassador member with Marriott. The level of quality and the way they treat loyal Marriott / SPG members is just absolutely terrible. I stayed here recently for over 4 weeks as a business traveler.
A few things:
1) Because I was leaving early the next day, I asked them to print out the bill the day before at 2PM, but then never received it, and had to go down to the front desk at 11PM in the evening to collect the print-out. It took over 45 minutes to settle the bill, it was almost midnight when I returned to my room. The speed at which they work is really atrocious. They supposedly also have free laundry each day for 400NTD for business travelers, but then they wanted to charge me when I was checking out
When I asked to speak to the manager, the front desk manager (Leo was his name) refused to give me the contact number for the manager, I asked if they had an email, he also refused to provide it. This is a first time in all of the Marriott hotels that I have stayed in where they will not even provide a name card for the manager.
2) There is also almost no public place to sit and chat with colleagues. on a few nights, after having dinner at the restaurant, we came back to the lobby and wanted to continue to chat while sitting in the lobby, but then someone would come over and tell you that you have to order a drink in order to sit there. As someone who is already staying in the hotel, and given there is no other place to sit and chat, we felt it was a bit over the top to ask us to have to order drinks just to sit there. Then where are you expecting us to sit ?
3) they do not clean your room on time. Sometimes they clean in the mornings, but on many days, even after returning at around 4 or 5PM, the room is still uncleaned and I have to call the front desk to get it cleaned
4) People do not knock before they enter. there were a few times when someone comes to the room to return your laundry and they do not wait after knocking. They essentially ring the bell and before you even have time to go open the door, someone has already opened the door and is in your room. essentially do not think you have any privacy
5) No upgrade for Ambassador member upon check-in. I was paying a higher rate. But only got a normal room upon check-in and I stayed here for over 4 weeks. No upgrade to a bigger room or to a suite, they told me that I had to pay extra for a suite. Do not expect an upgrade at this hotel
Overall I am extremely disappointed at this hotel. This hotel is only interested in making money and not interested in customer service whatsoever. I will not stay at this hotel on my future visits to Taipei