Wanted to visit Khao Luang NP - but unexpectedly found out that all NP accomodations were full. And near the NP there are only 2 places to stay, Khao Luang Resort and Kha Rom guesthouse. The latter was full, too, and I didn't like this "full" at all: smoke, loud music, girls'n'boys of very certain sort, drunken motorbikers etc.
So - the former appeared to be, in fact, the only accomodation at all. 850 baht for night, aircon.
- clean, even _very_ clean room
- very large restaurant, also _very_ clean
- aircon without surprises and problems
- very well-maintained garden - quiet and rather large
- average food; not bad, just average for Thai
- if you're wheelless - bus stop is nearby, on the opposite side of the road; or have phone number of taxi driver of your own
- river is just behind the resort, with grassy bank, sandy bottom and deep enough even for 193-tall farang
My bungalow - #6 - was the last from the road (road is not especially busy, but road is road, nevertheless), the first from the river (10m to grassy bank, tiny funny boats and warm, soft, running water).
Note: at the time of my visit my bungalow was equipped with 2 squirrels :))) - brown furry beasts, larger than european, playing on the roof, walls etc.