While this hostel was slightly more than other cheap hostels in the area, it was absolutely worth the small premium to have modern amenities. Would absolutely stay again the next time I'm in Chiang Mai
Room type: Enclosed bunk in mixed room
• Size: Slightly varying size, but generally about the size of an airline personal item
• Access: Bring your own lock
• Number: 5 separate toilets and showers in the mens bathroom. Additional bathroom on 3rd floor
• Combined toilet/shower: N
• Hair Dryers: 2 in bathroom, strong
• Bathroom shampoo/conditioner/body wash: shampoo & body wash
Common Area: Air conditioned cafe on the 1st floor, open air terrace and kitchen on the 3rd floor
• Included towels: N, 20 to rent (100 deposit)
• Light in bunk: Y
• Outlet in bunk: Y
• Bunk curtains: Y
• Included breakfast: Y - Toast with butter and jam, bananas, and a thai dish
• Set up bedding yourself: N
• Break down bedding yourself: N
• Laundry: N, but there are coin operated laundry shops nearby
• Elevator: N
• Location: Excellent - right inside the very walkable old city!
Value: Amazing - for just a little more money than the cheapest hostels, you got all the modern amenities you could ask for
Misc: You have to take off your shoes before entering, but indoor sandals are provided. Air conditioning in the room is only turned on from 5pm-midnight, but it never felt warm in the room every time I was there.
Opportunities for improvement: Add power outlets to 1st floor cafe along couch against wall. Add shelf in bathrooms to be able to hold dry clothing.