So far the worst experience I have ever had in a 4* hotel. This is what happened In less than 3 weeks:
* Inundation in my bedroom starting at 5.30 am. Unfortunately, I had a very important meeting during that day and I’ve stayed until 1 am preparing it. After 4h of sleep, I felt tremendously bad it was horrible.
* Electricity problem in my bedroom - I couldn't turn on the kettle because when I did the electricity would fail. I called the reception and they sent the maintenance employee who left the bedroom without solving the problem. I had to call once again to the reception and they sent another employee who finally solved. But it took almost 1h to get this done.
* One day, when my water was over, it took me 3 reception calls to receive more water. Apparently, they ignored me in the first two calls; and the water arrived only in the next day and it was hot.
* During 1 week they didn't clean my room as promised (3 days per week). And didn't collect garbage as well. Because I normally ask for food from delivery, I have accumulated 5 bags of trash in my bedroom.
* Reception couldn't lower my breakfast price when it is clearly possible to do that. After being advised by one of the employees of the hotel, I asked the reception to consider a lower breakfast price for me because I am staying in the hotel for 1 month, so paying 65AED every day is way too expensive for me. They said it was impossible and that I have already a 30% membership discount. Then, a few days later when I sent an email asking the conditions for renewing my stay, the team said the breakfast cost is 25AED per day. No comments.
* Inundation in the entire 1st floor, the corridor that I need to cross to go to the gym was like a pool. Every guest had to leave the building of the hotel and go to another entrance to go to the gym.
Well, I don't know what is coming next but I hope I have a safe stay. I can't think about what this service would look like if we were not under capacity restrictions due to covid.
And please, do not come to Novotel World Trade Centre!