My mom sister & I stayed here for about 2 days for a little getaway. It’s not your typical upscale hotel or broken down busted Inn, however this place was very well kept and clean!
First Glance/Upon Arrival
- There is parking! The lot is huge and offers a lot of space to park, especially for SUV’s.
This Inn is in a very quiet area. I noticed trucks pass by often, and my room faced the main road, but I never once heard any noise.
Front Desk/Lobby Area:
- Staff were very welcoming from beginning of my stay to the end.
- Yes, they do take precautions for Covid. Plastic barrier at front desk and the staff were always wearing their mask.
- Due to Covid, they provide packaged foods for breakfast (muffins, yogurt, oatmeal, etc) along with coffee, juice, & bottle water
- During my stay, I’ve never seen more than 2 people in the lobby area at a time.
- There are 3 floors in this Inn, elevator and steps included
- Hallways were always clean and lengthy, giving space between each room
- The room I stayed in was a 2 bed (full size) room.
- The AC in my room did work, and the air was clean & did not smell. Gives option for “Fan Only” if you choose
- Room was set up with very old school furniture but this is an old Inn, so wasn’t expecting anything modern
- Water pressure (big thing for me) was very good! Water turned hot very quickly!
- Beds are not to firm, but not too soft either. Just right.
**My suggestion if traveling in parties of 3 or more, upgrade your bed size. It is tight for 2 adults in a full size bed.
- Housekeeping did come in and clean the room everyday. They were masked as well & very sweet.
This Inn was in a very good location. I can honestly say that everything that we needed, restaurants, convenience stores, downtown Newport, supermarkets (even though was not needed for us), was literally 5-10 mins away.
Cliff Walk is literally right around the corner along with the beach!
All in all, I enjoyed my stay and loved every minute of it. It was nice to enjoy something else than a modern updated hotel. I would definitely recommend to anyone visiting Middletown or Newport.