Simply put...This hotel is disgusting. It should be a roadside motel rented out by the hour, not a Marriott of any level. We booked a 2 bedroom suite and are lifetime platinum members; this is the worst Marriott I’ve ever seen. The carpet, bedding, furniture, kitchen, bathroom, everything is nasty. There was dried THROW UP on the side of the bed in one of the bedrooms. I found a bottle of nail polish next to the TV. There was confetti on the ground and tape on the ceiling and wall, likely from a birthday party. The room was definitely not cleaned to the most basic of standards. Two of the 3 TVs didn’t work. Internet was spotty. There were hairs and dirt all in the bathroom. There was an obvious missing art frame in the living room. The furniture had water stains and tons of scratches/chips. The bathroom vent has mold in it. This place should be a complete tear down and rebuild. Obviously we left upon discovery of the throw up.
In addition, the staff is rude. The desk clerk hung up on me twice when I called from my room. So I went down stairs for something that could have been resolved with just 30 seconds on the phone. She (Simmone) said she needed to finish her person call with Johnny Boy (very odd and rude to say the least). What if it was an emergency!!
The only upside to this disastrous place is the cute towel animal and the fact they have games you can use like Guess Who (my son was excited). However I value my health and requested my advanced payment and stay be canceled. We left and stayed at an amazing waterfront property in Annapolis. Although smaller and very pricey, it was immaculately clean and smelled amazing. Location isn’t always everything and the pictures on the website aren’t always recent; lesson learned.
Stay away if you value your health. Even during a world pandemic, the commitment of providing a clean environment for hotel guests is severely lacking at this location, contrary to the sign posted in the lobby.