Positives: Location; The Bed Superb and a Pillow Menu, great bathrobes.
Super house cleaning staff... they should be on the reception desk!!
* Not greeted on arrival and left to carry 2 suitcases, a pram and a baby up the steps. The entrance is on the street with no private area as such.
* For Accor Members no special welcome or Accor area at reception.
Reception was col, distant, made no attempt to welcome verbally and the process was far too slow (they did however provide a welcome drink and an Accor club Drink invite). I was given NO information about the hotel at all - until I asked...
Horrible check in experience.
* Excellent Bed. Super comfortable.
* 32 Inch TV screen. - A Hotel of this level should NOT be using these days. The back of the control was held together by sticky tape - I would expect this at an Ibis but doubt it is acceptable Accor Premium standard!!
* Badly stained curtains separate the bathroom from the bedroom.
* Diabolical lighting, constantly dark even with all the lights on!
* Opens onto the atrium courtyard, no air and no view. Feels like staying in a box
* Old and scuffed cupboards, floor and the child's bed was terribly scratched.
* Bathroom sink impractical , room badly planned with shaving mirror in the surface rather than hanging from the wall to use comfortably. heavy chairs and work desk etc. Terrible mural carried onto the ceiling above the bed - a depressing lack of character making the room even darker to stay in.
Pool - a tiny pool wasn't what I expected fro the pictures - disappointing
Public mens area
Filthy mens toilet cubicles with , bins full, toilet bowl soiled and brown, uncleaned, urine on the seat. Toiler paper hanging down..Wet sink surface area with dirty towels left out. (there were also clean hand towels), Pubic hair in the urinal -Nasty.
Aroma the hotel has a very heavy spray smell - a bit like an old style mens under arm spray. Could use a younger lighter smell... personal taste I know, but just saying.
Service in the Atrium Cafe area. Painfully slow - I sat here for 45 minutes on Saturday afternoon. I was approached by a waitress with a menu after 7 minutes. (there was perhaps one other guest in the whole area). I asked for ONE minute to look at the menu but no-one came back to me so after sitting for the remainder of the time. I left and went outside the hotel for a drink!
Service: Breakfast. On the first morning I had to ask 5 times for the table to be cleared. No welcome aside from being asked the room number. Not shown to a table.
Staff were kind, but just sluggish.
Food selection - OK but definitely not the selection that Accor Premium would require. from their hotels.
Prior to Check out I asked for GM details in order to send an email and list these matters rather than simply publishing here.. I was told this isn't possible hence this post. I was contacted by guest services but I wanted the GM and was denied that option.
Overall not what one would really expect from a Premium brand Accor hotel. Branding is weak, Cleanliness questionable, Wear and tear all over the hotel, and below average service.