Our Sandy Straits Scenic & Wildlife cruise is a unique, 5hr cruise into the heart of the internationally protected Great Sandy Marine Park - the only tour to explore the southern expanses of the park.
We'll visit cultural and historic destinations such as; Woody Island, North White Cliffs, Ungowa and Garry's Anchorage (located approximately halfway to Tin Can Bay). All whilst keeping our eyes peeled for the abundance of wildlife that frequents the area and maybe the elusive Fraser Island Dingo or dugong!
Experience the beauty of the area as we cruise past swathes of mangrove, sand cliffs and sand flats abound with sea and birdlife.
Learn the history of early settlers and logging of the region and the Ramsar wetland of international importance under marine park protection. Seabirds and shorebirds are a vibrant feature of this World Heritage area. They occupy a range of habitats, including the mouths of creeks and estuaries, rocky ocean foreshores, sand spits, and sandy beaches.
Additional Information :
- Public transportation options are available nearby
- Suitable for all physical fitness levels
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination required for travelers
- COVID-19 vaccination required for guides