Little bit disappointed with this hotel given the glowing reviews. All in all, we got what we paid for. Would hesitate to book again purely due to sleep quality - bed and air con.
- Price, we only paid £598 for 9 nights
- Location, was great as Brisa Sol is right inbetween old and new town so 10-15 minute walk to either
- Pool, large but not heated with good snack bar. Average prices for food, 3.30 euro for a beer (sister hotel tropical sol is 2 euro though?)
- Covid secure, hotel was clean with masks enforced and sanitiser around hotel
- Bar, had a nice terrace with happy hour 5-7
- Room, booked a studio. Was bigger than I expected white spacious
- Room, facing a busy main road which was quite noisy. Air con was useless, didn’t go below 17 and wasn’t cold at all. Hot nights made it really difficult to sleep. Cleaners also weren’t brilliant. And beds were very firm!
- SUNBEDS, never have I had to que from 7.30am for a sunbed. Cushioned or comfy beds were like gold dust. Doors opened at 8am, and by 8.15am majority had gone. I hate to be the one queuing and running for sunbeds but if you can’t beat them join them - hotel need to sort this out and regulate it properly. Be warned the white plastic sunbeds are like lying on a rock
- Decor, the whole hotel is quite dated however this is to be expected in Portgual